1) Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I’ve traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren’t paved.
2) One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young. One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
3) I don’t know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
4) The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
5) The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
6) Never say no to a gift from a child.
7) I can always pray for someone when I don’t have the strength to help in some other way.
8) One should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
9) Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.
10) It’s those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
11) Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
12) Being kind is more important than being right.