Positively Speaking by BG – May 16th The Perkolator –
Going through life it seems our focus is on all the things we don’t have. We pay scant attention to the blessings we already possess. Do you acknowledge your blessings each day? Or are you like most of us and just take them for granted, if you are, welcome to a reality check. Next time you feel that life is unfair take a closer look at your blessings.
* If you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 70% of this world.
* If you have a little money in the bank, or in your wallet, maybe some spare change in a dish, you are among the worlds top 12% most wealthy.
* If you own your own computer you are part of only 5% in this world who do.
* If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than many who will not make it through the day.
* If you have never experienced fear in battle, loneliness in prison, the agony of torture or the pain of starvation, you are ahead of over 700 million souls on this earth.
* If you can attend, or not, a church of your choice without fear of arrest, torture or death, you are envied by more than three billion people in other countries.
* If you can read this message you are blessed. There are more than two billion people who can’t read.
Hold your head up high, smile and be thankful for the blessings, no matter how small you think they are. To all those who live in true poverty, fear and despair, you are rare and unique.
Adopt An Attitude of Gratitude!